Playgrounds of Fenway, Back Bay and East Brookline
I'm a new dad. My son is nearly a year and half and finding the right playgrounds has become a kind of treasure hunt for me. To my surprise, there are nearly a dozen in my extended neighborhood that I don't mind walking to and I'm guessing you won't either. Please click on the playground name to see where it is on google maps. I hope this helps all you newer parents out there, trying to navigate raising a child in the city. Please reach out if you have any real estate questions at [email protected], Message me or just get to know my vibe.
1. Peterborough Street Playground is at the corner of Peterborough St. and Kilmarnock St. This is fully fenced in. (Picture below)
2. Mothers Rest is at the corner of Fenway and Boylston St., across from The Boston Conservatory. This is fully fenced in.
1. Longwood Playground is between Longwood Ave and Francis St. Open and not fenced in. (Picture below)
2. Billy Ward Playground is surrounded by Aspinwall Ave, Perry St, and Brook St. Open and not fenced in.
3. Murphy Playground is at the corner of Kent St and Brook St. Partially fenced in.
4. Amory Playground is at the corner of Amory St and Freeman St. Partially fenced in.
5. Winthrop Square Playground is at the corner of Saint Paul St and Browne St. Partially fenced in.
1. Charles River Esplanade playgrounds One is for ages 2-4 and another for 5+. It's between Hereford St. and Fairfield St. Each is fully fenced in.
2. Esplanade Playground is between Berkeley St. and Arlington St. This one is mostly fenced in.
3. Back Bay Beacon Hill Playground is at the corner 260 Clarendon Street and Comm Ave. This is good sized playground with rubber flooring surfaces and is completely fenced in. (Picture below)
4. The Carleton Court Dog Park and Adjacent Playground is perfect for kids and dogs. The playground is located between Braddock Park and Holyoke St. The dog park and playground is fenced in.